Don’t miss out on the following in our June issue!
- Save-the-Date: Summer Concert Series
- Music at Jefferson Park’s Summer Concert Series Sunday, July 24 & Sunday, August 28 5:00-8:00 pm in the grassy bowls of Jefferson Park Bands to be announced – Volunteers are needed for the music committee as well as to help set up the day of the events. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer!
- Although the Jefferson Park staple has been set to move out of its current location and into the downtown area for some time now, construction should also begin this year on a second La Loma restaurant on Seventh Street near the Denver Aquarium – a new flagship location still in Jefferson Park but on the other side of Interstate 25. Delays in development will allow the current Jefferson Park location to keep its doors open to the neighborhood through the end of June.
- The first of the premier Jefferson Park Farm and Flea Market was a huge success this year! A large crowd enjoyed the sounds of Los Dos Viejos,delicious food, and vendors selling wares perfect for spring plantings. The BID was able to distribute hundreds of free lettuce, broccoli and cabbage seedlings. We hope that they survived the hail! Be sure to bring back your garden bounty to our late-summer markets coming up – next market on Saturday, June 11th.
- ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL CLEANUP! JPUN would like to thank 2785 Speer for being the title sponsor of this event for many years, Riverside Church for once again providing lunch for all of the volunteers, Araujo’s for providing breakfast burritos, 2914 Coffee for fueling folks with coffee, Sinclair Gas Station (21st & Federal) for donating soda and candy for the piñata, Kym Foster, our illustrious chairperson of Clean Up Day this year, and last but not least those who volunteered your time on a Saturday morning to help make your neighborhood a better place.