GET INVOLVEDJefferson Park United Neighbors (JPUN) | Promote Your Page Too
2nd Tuesday of the month @ 6:30 PM
Riverside Baptist Church - Rear Chapel
2401 Alcott Street
Denver, CO 80204
Open to Public
LAND USE COMMITTEE MTG:
Contact David @ email@example.com
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- @DenverHighlands is for sale. Send a direct message if interested. 1 year ago
- Barry's@Highlands moves into former Arabian Bar space on Navajo, hopes to be open by December. blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/20… 2 years ago
- Jezebel's will take over former Squeaky Bean space: blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/20… 2 years ago
- Determining “Great Paths” in our Community October 8, 2014Change is in the air within communities along the Boulevard. New residents, new businesses – people out and about. How often do you walk to the store, to the coffee shop, or to the park? Whether you have been here for awhile or are new to the area, where do like to go and how […] The post Determining “Great Paths” in our Community appeared first on Federal B […]
- Pedestrian Safety Concerns with Federal Reconstruction August 9, 2014Reconstruction of Federal Blvd between W 6th Ave and W Howard Pl (W 14th Ave) is slated to begin in 2016. Roadway and right-of-way designs were presented in a public house meeting held in August. From the review of the plans provided, the Partnership is concerned that pedestrian safety is not adequately addressed by the […] The post Pedestrian Safety Concern […]
- Determining “Great Paths” in our Community October 8, 2014
- Hiring for positions: Development Director and Primary Montessori Teacher, join the family! familystar.net/employment #nonprofit #Montessori 6 days ago
- Who's scheduled their donation for Colorado Gives Day yet? There is still time! coloradogives.org/familystar. #COGivesDay http://t.co/W7Gr72C0gq 1 week ago
Check out the agenda for tonight!
Jefferson Park United Neighbors – General Membership Meeting
6:30 – 8:00 pm
Held at Riverside Denver Chapel at 24th and Bryant
Donate by following this link!
Check out the flyer for more details!
Road Closures in Jefferson Park — THIS Sunday, October 19th for the Denver Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon & 1/2 Marathon
THIS Sunday, October 19th is the Denver Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon & 1/2 Marathon. There are road closures that affect us in Jefferson Park.
• Speer Blvd. – South bound lanes only –
Zuni St. to Auraria Parkway from 6:45 to 8:30 a.m.
• W. 26th St. – Whole Road – Clay St. to Zuni St. from 6:45 to 8:45 a.m.
• Clay St. – Whole Road – W. 26th Ave. to Mile High Stadium Circle
from 6:45 to 9 a.m.
• Mile High Stadium Circle – Whole Road –
W. 19th Ave. to Clay St. from 6:45 to 9 a.m.
• W. 19th Ave. – Whole Road – Meade St. to
Mile High Stadium Circle from 7 to 9:30 a.m.
• Clay St. – Whole Road – W. 26th Ave. to Mile High
Stadium Circle from 6:45 to 9 a.m.
• W. 29th Ave. – Whole Road – Tennyson St. to
Federal Blvd. from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
• W. 29th Ave. – Whole Road –
Speer Blvd. to Umatilla St. from 3 to 10:45 a.m.
More information on road closures can be found at:
Sun Valley Makes Headlines
Sun Valley, Jefferson Park’s adjacent neighborhood to the south has been in the news recently.
One article discusses how Sun Valley has been selected as one of nine neighborhoods across the U.S. to receive top-level strategic support in becoming an eco-district that will include better parks and open space, a walkable grocery and modern energy-efficient housing to replace the dilapidated projects.
Another article discusses a $24.5 million investment to restore natural areas along the riverbanks that includes five new parks by the end of 2015.
Benefits to Jefferson Park Residents:
- South Platte River could be used as an amenity to residents
- Development could spark an entertainment district like Larimer Square along West Colfax next to Brooklyn’s
- Proposed discussion of art and theater complex